Is there any potential for staining a valuable pathological sample again? This reagent can meet such needs.
This reagent is a new tissue decolorizing reagent developed by Dr. Aisa Ozawa and Dr. Motoharu Sakaue from Azabu University. This reagent allows decolorization of H&E stains, which is widely used in pathology, as well as special stains (Masson's trichrome). With this reagent, multiple staining data can be obtained from a single tissue sample.
- Allows decolorization for H&E and MT staining
- Simple procedure, only requiring immersion in this reagent
- Allows re-staining, such as antibody staining and H&E staining, after decolorization
Decolorization using mouse brain (hippocampus)
Data by courtesy of Dr. Aisa Ozawa and Dr. Motoharu Sakaue, Azabu University
H&E stain (H&E → decolorization → H&E)
H&E stain (H&E → decolorization → antibody staining [PCNA])
MT stain (MT → decolorization → H&E)
- Dilute each reagent 10-fold with distilled water. (Prepare the volume to just cover a slide staining tray.)
deColorizing Solution 1 diluent → Solution 1
deColorizing Solution 2 diluent → Solution 2
- Remove the cover glass from the sample to be decolorized, and hydrate.
- In the case of H&E stain decolorization, confirm that colorization with water-soluble dyes has disappeared, and immerse in Solution 1 at room temperature for one hour to overnight.
- In the case of MT stain decolorization, perform the procedure in 3 and immerse in Solution 2 at room temperature for one hour to overnight.
- After confirming the decolorization of HE and MT staining, immerse in distilled water and wash 3 times x 5 minutes each.
- Follow each institutional protocols for re-staining.
*The stainability of eosin or other dyes after decolorization may decrease if decolorization time is prolonged. In that case, time should be adjusted.
- Open All
- Close All
For research use or further manufacturing use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Product content may differ from the actual image due to minor specification changes etc.
If the revision of product standards and packaging standards has been made, there is a case where the actual product specifications and images are different.