StemSure® hPSC Remover
rBC2LCN（AiLecS1） is a recombinant lectin of the N-terminal domain of BC2L-C (derived from Burkholderia cenocepacia ) expressed in E.coli.
It is highly specific to sugar chains on the surface of undifferentiated human ES/ iPS cells.
StemSure® hPSC remover is a recombinant protein in which a truncated portion (38 kDa) of Psudomonas aeruginosa endotoxin is fused to C-terminus of rBC2LCN. Once in the cell, it inhibits protein synthesis and induces cell death. It is more potent than rBC2LCN-PE23, which has the same effect. It does not contain any animal-derived materials.
- Enables selective removal of undifferentiated human ES/ iPS cells
- Can be added directly to the culture medium without the need for cell dissociation.
- More potent than rBC2LCN-PE23
StemSure® hPSC remover: recommended concentration 0.1μg/ml
rBC2LCN-PE23：recommended concentration 10μg/ml
- Does not contain animal-derived materials
- Sterilized with 0.1 μm filter
- 0.1×PBS(-) solution
- Prepare a cell culture medium containing residual human ES/iPS cells.
- Add StemSure hPSC remover to the medium to make the final concentration of 10μg/mL
※ (concentration is indicated in the product label).
- Incubate cells under an appropriate condition to remove residual human ES/ iPS cells.
- Continue culturing cells in a medium appropriate for differentiated cells.
※The concentration is an example; choose appropriate concentrations for your experiments.
Removal of Human iPS Cells
StemSure® hPSC remover was added to the culture medium for human iPS cell line 201B7 and human fibroblasts to make the final concentration of 0.1μg/ml. Cells were cultured for 48 hours, and for additional 24 hours after replacing the culture medium. As shown below (top right), human iPS cells treated with StemSure® hPSC were almost completely removed. On the other hand, human fibroblasts were not removed after the same treatment (bottom right).
- Tateno, H., Onuma, Y., Ito Y, Minoshima, F., Saito, S., Shimizu, M., Aiki, Y., Asashima, M. and Hirabayashi.: Stem Cell Reports., 4, 811, (2015).
- Tateno, H., Minoshima, F. and Saito, S.: Molecules, 22, (2017).
- Open All
- Close All
Product content may differ from the actual image due to minor specification changes etc.