Rechargeable Magnesium Battery
Rechargeable magnesium battery using magnesium metal for anode is attracting candidate for post-lithium ion batteries, because magnesium has a larger volumetric capacity (about 3830mAhcm-3) than that of lithium (about 2060mAhcm-3), and its resources are abundant in the earth's crust.
It is required for the operation of rechargeable magnesium battery that a magnesium anode is not passivated and the diffusion of magnesium ion in the cathode material is fast.
We indroduce the Maglution® series that is electrolytic solution for rechargeable magnesium containing a boron-based magnesium salt developed in our company.
- F. Mizuno et al. ACS Energy Lett. 2017, 2, 224.
- M. Matsui et al. Electrochem. Commun. 2012, 16, 103.
- D. Aurbach et al. Nature 2000, 407, 724.
- Y. Orikasa et al. Sci. Rep. 2014, 4, 4.
- D. Aurbach et al. J. Electrochem. Soc. 2008, 155, A103.
- V. Lavallo et al. Inorg. Chem. Front., 2015, 2, 1101.
- D. Aurbach et al. J. Electrochem. Soc. 2015, 162, A7118.
Features of Maglution™ series
- Maglution™ series have high oxidative stability (about 3.0 V for Pt, carbon electrode)
- Magnesium can be dissolved and precipitated in the electrolytic solution
- Maglution™ series show high conductivity (over 2 mScm-1 at 27℃)