Valinomycin, a peptide antibiotic, is a neutral ionophore that acts directly on biomembranes and artificial phospholipid membranes to increase their cation permeability. Due to extremely high K+ selectivity, Valinomycin allows passage of K+ across membranes that are essentially impermeable to the ion and thereby inhibits mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation by decreasing the membrane potential.
- Appearance: White to nearly white crystalline powder to powder
- Solubility in methanol: to pass test
- Assay (HPLC): 93.6% (first production lot)
- Potassium: ≤10 ppm (first production lot)
- Sodium: ≤10 ppm (first production lot)
- Source: Streptomyces tsusimaensis
- Open All
- Close All
For research use or further manufacturing use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Product content may differ from the actual image due to minor specification changes etc.
If the revision of product standards and packaging standards has been made, there is a case where the actual product specifications and images are different.