Apolipoprotein B48 (ApoB-48)
What is Apolipoprotein B-48 (Apo B-48)?
Apolipoprotein B-48 is a specific structural protein in lipoproteins derived from the small intestine, such as chylomicron (CM) and chylomicron remnants. Since one role of CM is to transfer exogenous lipids derived from food to the liver or peripheral tissues, the measurement of Apo B-48 is considered a best marker for observation of exogenous lipid transportation after food intake.
- Changes in exogenous and endogenous cholesterol can be analyzed by measuring LDLcholesterol, HDLcholesterol, and Apo-B48 of the same sample (ref. 2).
- Fasting Apo B-48 level may be a marker of postprandial hyperlipidemia (ref. 9).
- Fasting Apo B-48 level is known to be useful for the evaluation of risks for developing atherosclerotic diseases: peripheral arterial disease (PAD), cardiovascular disease, and vascular endothelial dysfunction.
- It is also considered useful for the evaluation of CM remnants that have been implicated as a cause of atherosclerosis in the cardiovascular system.
Human Apo B-48 ELISA Kit
Apo B-48 is a structural protein specific to Chylomicron and useful for observation of exogenous lipid transportation derived from food.
Changes in postprandial TG, Apo B-48, and Total Apo B
Nakano,T. et al. Ann Clin Biochem, Vol.48, p57-64, Jan 2011. (ref. 5)
6 healthy men and 6 healthy women. 39 to 60 years old (Mean 52 years old). After 12-hour fasting Loading of oral OFTT cream (17 g/m2)
Although TG and Total Apo B are not correlated, TG and Apo B-48 are correlated.
Comparison of Apo B-48 and Apo B-100
between the administration of Fluvastatin only and Fluvastatin + Omega-3 fatty acid
Omega 3 fatty acids induce a markerd reduction of apolipoprotein B48 when added to fluvastatin in patients with type 2 diabetes and mixed hyperlipidemia Valdivielso,P. et al.
Cardiovasc Diabetol, 8;8:1, Jan 2009.(ref. 1)
Patients with type 2 diabetes + hyperlipidemia Fluvastatin 80 mg group Fluvastatin 80 mg + Omega-3 fatty acid 4 g group Blood collection after 12-hour fasting
Easily evaluate dietary response by observing Apo B-48
Rabbit Apo B-48 ELISA Kit
Utilize Rabbit Apo B-48 ELISA for translational research on hyperlipidemia or arteriosclerosis.
Fluctuation of Apo B-48, Triglyceride, and Cholesterol in blood after administration of Ezetimibe
Kinoshita,M. et al.Exp.Anim. Vol.59(4), p459-467,2010. (ref 3)
Rabbit: NZW, Male, 10-week-old, body weight: 2.5～3.0 kg, High-fat diet
【Day1】High-fat diet 【Day8】Divided into 2 groups
● Control group: Saline 3 mL, n = 3
● Ezetimibe group: Oral administration 0.6 mg/kg/day, Saline 3 mL, n = 3, SE, *p < 0.05, **p < 0.01
SE, * p<0.05, ** p<0.01
Apo B-48 was significantly reduced although significant reduction was not confirmed with TG and Cho,
- Omega 3 fatty acids induce a markerd reduction of apolipoprotein B48 when added to fluvastatin in patients with type 2 diabetes and mixed hyperlipidemia Valdivielso,P.,Rioja,J.,Garcia-Arias,C.,Sanchez-Chaparro,MA.,Gonzalez-Santos,P. Cardiovasc Diabetol, 8;8:1, Jan 2009 Otokozawa,S.,Ai,M., Diffenderfer,MR., Asztalos,BF.,Tanaka,A., Lamon-Fava,S., Schaefer,EJ. Metabolism Clinical and Experimental, Vol.58(11), p1536-1542, Nov 2009.
- Fasting and postprandial apolipoprotein B-48 levels in healthy,obese,and hyperlipidemic subjects
- Determination of Immuno-Reactive Rabbit Apolipoprotein B-48 in Serum by ELISA. Makoto, Kinoshita., Teruhiko, Matsushima., Yamato, Mashimo, Masaaki, Kojima., Megumi, Kigure. and Tamio, Teramoto. Experimental Animals, 59(4),459-467,2010
- Postprandial apolipoprotein B48 is associated with asymptomatic peripheral arterial disease: A study in patients with type 2 diabetes and controls Valdivielso, P., Puerta, S., Rioja, J., Alonso, I., Ariza, M. J., Sanchez-Chaparro, M. A., Palacios, R., Gonzalez-Santos, P. Clinica Chimica Acta, Vol.411(5-6), p433-437, Mar 2010.
- Clinica Chimica Acta, Vol.411(5-6), p433-437, Mar 2010. 5: Particle Size of ApoB-48 Carrying Lipoproteins in Remnant Lipoproteins Isolated from Postprandial Plasma Nakano, T., Tanaka, A., Okazaki, M., Tokita, Y., Nagamine, T. and Nakajima, K. Ann Clin Biochem, Vol.48, p57-64, Jan 2011.
- Postprandial lipoprotein metabolism: VLDL vs chylomicrons Nakajima K, Nakano T, Tokita Y, Nagamine T, Inazu A, Kobayashi J, Mabuchi H, Stanhope KL, Havel PJ, Okazaki M, Ai M, Tanaka A. Clin Chim Acta. Vol.412(15-16), p1306-18, Jul 2011.
- The characteristics of remnantlipoproteins in the fasting andpostprandialplasma the fasting andpostprandialplasma Nakajima K, Nakano T, Tokita Y, Nagamine T, Yatsuzuka S, Shimomura Y, Tanaka A, Sumino H, Nara M, Machida T, Murakami M. Clinica Chimica Acta, Vol.413(13-14), p1077-86, Jul 2012.
- Fasting apolipoprotein B48 is associated with asymptomatic peripheral arterial disease in type 2 diabetic subjects: A case-control study Lapice E, Cipriano P, Patti L, Romano G, Vaccaro O, Rivellese A A. Atherosclerosis, Vol.223(2), p504-506, Aug 2012.
- Effect of combination therapy with Fenofibrate and Simvastatin on postprandial lipemia in the ACCORD Lipid Trial Gissette Reyes-Soffer, et al. Diabetes Care, Vol.36, Feb 2013.
- Apolipoprotein B-48: A Unique Marker of Chylomicron Metabolism Nakajima K, et al. Advances in Clinical Chemistry, Vol.64, 2014.
- Open All
- Close All
For research use or further manufacturing use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Product content may differ from the actual image due to minor specification changes etc.
If the revision of product standards and packaging standards has been made, there is a case where the actual product specifications and images are different.