Our silica gel TLC plates offer two pore sizes: 7 nm (70 series) and 4 nm (40 series). The 40 series TLC plate has larger surface area, thus, its Rf value is lower than that of the 70 series. This enables analyzing very polar organic solvents. We offer two kinds of fluorescence indicators.One is an indicator (F254 series) which emits green fluorescence by ultraviolet light (λ=254 nm). Another is an indicator (FM series) that emits bluish white or white with broad-spectrum ultraviolet light (λ = 250 to 400 nm). FM series detects the target compound as a colored spot. In addition, the F254 series has stronger fluorescence intensity than other manufacturers.
Silica gel 70F254 TLC Plate-Wako is coated with porous silica gel having uniform particles in pore diameter of 7 nm (70 Å) evenly on its glass plate. After adding green fluorescent substances (70F254 and 70FM), the separated spots are observed as dark spots in the green background by irradiation of ultraviolet (254 nm). Another size of pore diameter, 4 nm (40 Å) is also available as Silica gel 40F254 TLC Plate-Wako.
Silica gel 70F254 series
- The pore size of silica gel ranges; 5-15 μm.
- Increased spot convergence, improved separation performance.
- A new fixing agent is used. Excellent resistance to peeling and stability by organic solvent and chemical materials.
- Two preparative TLCs with different layer thicknesses are prepared.
Solvent: CHCl3/CH3OH/Butanol = 90/5/5 (v/v/v)
①Noscapine ②Caffeine ③7-(β-Hydroxypropyl) Theophylline
④Mixture of doping agent ⑤Dibucaine Hydrochloride
⑥Procaine Hydrochloride ⑦Brucine
|Particle diameter of silica gel||5 - 15 μm|
|Pore diameter of silica gel||7 nm (70 Å)|
|Specific surface area of silica gel||450 m2/g|
|Pore volume of silica gel||0.8 mL/g|
|Thickness of silica gel layer||230 - 250 μm|
|Fluorescent indicator||Monochromatic fluorescent substance [254nm]|
Silica gel 40F254 series
- Correrates with separation of Presep® HC-N series for flash chromatography and useful for setting preparative conditions.
- Small Rf value compared with conventional silica gel plates, and the developing solvent is effective to separate hardly soluble compounds by increasing the ratio of highly polar solvents.
Example of Silica gel 70F254 TLC Plate-Wako
Example of Silica gel 70F254 TLC Plate-Wako and Presep® HC-N
Comparison with another
Plate: 2 cm x 10 cm (flow to 7 cm) Sample: DBP 0.01 g/mL
DMP 0.01 g/mL
in Hex/AcOEt = 85/15
Loading: 0.5 µL
DBP = Dibutyl Phthalate
DMP = Dimethyl Phthalate
Ratio of polar solvent can be increased, effective for separating poorly soluble compounds.
Rf DBP DMP ① another TLC plate 85/15 0.41 0.21 ② 40F254 TLC plate 85/15 0.31 0.11 ③ 40F254 TLC plate 80/20 0.42 0.19
Relations between Rf value and column volume
According to results, it is possible to estimate the elution time of the Presep® silica gel (HC-N) column.
- Open All
- Close All
Product content may differ from the actual image due to minor specification changes etc.