StemSure LIF, Mouse, recombinant, Solution
Mouse leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) was initially identified as a cytokine capable of inducing macrophage differentiation in M1 murine myeloid leukemic cells. This cytokine was later shown to have a differentiation-inhibiting activity on embryonic stem (ES) cells. Currently, it is used for culturing mouse ES cells to maintain their pluripotency.
This product is a recombinant mouse LIF expressed in E. coli.
It contains a 6xHis-tag at the C-terminus. The StemSure series consist of a group of products that are guaranteed to support both the proliferation and pluripotency of mouse ES cells. To achieve these high-quality standards, we use the mouse ES cell line D3 and routinely perform cell growth,colony formation assays and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) staining.
Quality Control Testing
- Cell Proliferation (Cell growth and colony formation assays with mouse ES cells)
- Cell Differentiation (ALP staining of mouse ES cells)
- Mycoplasma Test
- Bacterial Endotoxins
- Source: E. coli expressed mouse leukemia inhibitory factor
- Activity: 106units/mL
- Unit Definition: One unit of LIF activity is defined as 1/20 of the cytokine amount required to support half-maximal stimulation of cell proliferation with the mouse ES cell strain D3.
- Working Concentration: A final concentration of 1,000 units/ml will be recommended for culturing the mouse ES cell strain D3.
- Formulation: D-PBS containing 1% BSA
- Sterility: Filtered through a 0.2 μm pore size membrane
- Storage Conditions: Store at –20°C. After thawing, store at 2-10°C and use as soon as possible.
Cell Morphology and Expression of Undifferentiation Markers
Mouse ES cells were subcultured every 5-6 days at a density of 1×105 cells/100 mm dish. This process was repeated for a total of 11 times. Subsequently, the morphology of the ES cells was observed under a phase-contrast microscope (top left panel). The cells were also stained for ALP activity (top right panel). Finally, the expression of various undifferentiation markers was verified by immunostaining (middle and bottom panels). DAPI staining served as a nuclear marker.
D-MEM supplemented with KSR (15%), L-Glutamine (4 mM), Non-essential Amino Acids (2×), Penicillin-Streptomycin (1×), StemSure 2-Mercaptoethanol (0.1 mM), and StemSure LIF.
- Open All
- Close All
For research use or further manufacturing use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Product content may differ from the actual image due to minor specification changes etc.
If the revision of product standards and packaging standards has been made, there is a case where the actual product specifications and images are different.