StemSure® hPSC Remover
rBC2LCN（AiLecS1） is a recombinant lectin of the N-terminal domain of BC2L-C (derived from Burkholderia cenocepacia ) expressed in E.coli.
It is highly specific to sugar chains on the surface of undifferentiated human ES/ iPS cells.
StemSure® hPSC remover is a recombinant protein in which a truncated portion (38 kDa) of Psudomonas aeruginosa endotoxin is fused to C-terminus of rBC2LCN. Once in the cell, it inhibits protein synthesis and induces cell death. It is more potent than rBC2LCN-PE23, which has the same effect. It does not contain any animal-derived materials.
- Enables selective removal of undifferentiated human ES/ iPS cells
- Can be added directly to the culture medium without the need for cell dissociation.
- More potent than rBC2LCN-PE23
StemSure® hPSC remover: recommended concentration 0.1μg/ml
rBC2LCN-PE23：recommended concentration 10μg/ml
- Does not contain animal-derived materials
- Sterilized with 0.1 μm filter
- 0.1×PBS(-) solution
- Prepare a cell culture medium containing residual human ES/iPS cells.
- Add StemSure hPSC remover to the medium to make the final concentration of 10μg/mL
※ (concentration is indicated in the product label).
- Incubate cells under an appropriate condition to remove residual human ES/ iPS cells.
- Continue culturing cells in a medium appropriate for differentiated cells.
※The concentration is an example; choose appropriate concentrations for your experiments.
Removal of Human iPS Cells
StemSure® hPSC remover was added to the culture medium for human iPS cell line 201B7 and human fibroblasts to make the final concentration of 0.1μg/ml. Cells were cultured for 48 hours, and for additional 24 hours after replacing the culture medium. As shown below (top right), human iPS cells treated with StemSure® hPSC were almost completely removed. On the other hand, human fibroblasts were not removed after the same treatment (bottom right).
- Tateno, H., Onuma, Y., Ito Y, Minoshima, F., Saito, S., Shimizu, M., Aiki, Y., Asashima, M. and Hirabayashi.: Stem Cell Reports., 4, 811, (2015).
- Tateno, H., Minoshima, F. and Saito, S.: Molecules, 22, (2017).
- Open All
- Close All
For research use or further manufacturing use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Product content may differ from the actual image due to minor specification changes etc.
If the revision of product standards and packaging standards has been made, there is a case where the actual product specifications and images are different.