[NIPPON GENE] Gene Keeper RNA & DNA stabilization solution
Gene Keeper RNA & DNA stabilization solution is a preservation solution for samples of extracted nucleic acid. Since it quickly penetrates into a tissue or cell sample and stabilizes intracellular RNA and DNA, the sample can be stably preserved at room temperature until nucleic acid isolation is performed.
- Quickly penetrates the sample and stabilizes RNA and DNA in the tissue/cell
- No need to wash the preservation solution for extraction
- Does not freeze easily at -20°C, and hardly forms crystals
- Ideal for sample transportation in an environment with no liquid nitrogen or dry ice
- No poisonous or deleterious substances included
Preservation period of sample
Examples of experiment
1. RNA purification from human buccal cells stored at room temperature in preservation solution
The surface of the oral mucosa was lightly rubbed with a medicine spoon, suspended in PBS, and dispensed into two tubes. After centrifugation to remove the supernatant, each pellet was mixed with Gene Keeper or a competitor's preservation solution, and stored.
After 10 days of storage at room temperature (25℃), RNA was purified using an RNA extraction kit "ISOSPIN Cell & Tissue RNA" (without DNase treatment) (Fig. 1).
The RNA purified from the sample stored in Gene Keeper solution showed distinct bands of 18S rRNA and 28S rRNA. Bands of genomic DNA were also present at the top of the gel.
2. RNA and DNA purification from mouse liver stored at room temperature in preservation solution
Harvested mouse livers were cut and stored at room temperature (25°C) in a ×10 volume of Gene Keeper. The RNA was purified using "ISOSPIN Cell & Tissue RNA," and the DNA was purified using "ISOSPIN Tissue DNA." For comparison, nucleic acids were also purified from a sample frozen in liquid nitrogen immediately after harvesting and stored at -80°C (Control), and from a sample treated with the competitor's product and stored at room temperature, followed by electrophoresis (Figs. 2 and 3).
The RNA and DNA purified from the sample stored in Gene Keeper solution showed equivalent bands to those observed with the competitor's product and the control sample (C).
- Open All
- Close All
For research use or further manufacturing use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Product content may differ from the actual image due to minor specification changes etc.
If the revision of product standards and packaging standards has been made, there is a case where the actual product specifications and images are different.