Protein Assay BCA Reagent
Protein Assay BCA Kit is a reagent kit for quantitative determination of protein levels in solution, using bicinchoninic acid.
Proteins reduce cupric cation (Cu2+) to cuprous cation (Cu+) under alkaline conditions. The Cu+ forms a chelate complex with bicinchoninic acid. The solution containing the chelate complex turns a reddish purple color. Protein concentrations can be determined by measuring the absorbance at 562 nm.
- Reagent A: BCA solution 500 mL x 1 bottle
- Reagent B: Copper(Ⅱ) sulfate solution 25 mL x 1 bottle
* This kit does not include albumin standard solution.
Preparation of reagent
Mix reagent A and reagent B in a ratio of 50:1 (prepare at time of use).
Prepare a series of dilutions of a standard protein such as albumin.
Quantitation using test tubes
- Add 0.1 mL of the standard solution or a sample to the test tube.
- Add 2 mL of the prepared Working Solution to each tube and mix well.
- Allow them to react under the conditions described below.
Reaction conditions Quantitative range Standard method 37 ℃, 30 minutes 20～2,000 μg/mL Room temperature method Room temperature, 2 hours 20～2,000 μg/mL High-sensitivity method 60 ℃, 30 minutes 5～250 μg/mL
- Bring the test tube to room temperature.
- Measure the absorbance at 562 nm using a spectrophotometer.
Quantitation using 96-well microplates
- Add 25 μL of either the standard solution or a sample to each well.
- Add 200 μL of the prepared Working Solution to each well and mix well.
- Allow them to react at 37 °C for 30 minutes.
- Bring the microplate back to room temperature.
- Measure the absorbance at 562 nm using a microplate reader.
After mixing reagents A and B in the ratio of 50:1, mix the combination with 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250 μg/mL of BSA solution in the ratio of 20:1, in test tubes. The absorbance of the test tubes is measured with a high-sensitivity method.
- Open All
- Close All
For research use or further manufacturing use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Product content may differ from the actual image due to minor specification changes etc.
If the revision of product standards and packaging standards has been made, there is a case where the actual product specifications and images are different.
The prices are list prices in Japan.Please contact your local distributor for your retail price in your region.