mtDNA Extractor® CT Kit
This product is a kit for extracting mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) from mammalian tissues and cells, quickly and easily. It can also be used to extract mitochondrial DNA from compound feeds.
- mtDNA detected by agarose gel electrophoresis can be extracted from 50 to 250 mg of tissue.
- The extracted mtDNA can be used in PCR and restriction enzyme digestion.
- mtDNA can also be extracted from frozen tissues.
- Organic solvents such as phenol or chloroform are not required.
- Cell lysate is centrifuged to obtain the mitochondrial fraction.
- Genomic DNA in the mitochondrial fraction is removed by alkaline denaturation and precipitation using the alkaline-SDS method, which is used for plasmid DNA purification, and mitochondrial DNA, which is circular DNA, is recovered.
- Contaminating proteins are solubilized with sodium iodide, and mitochondrial DNA is purified with Washing Solution.
Example of experiment
Extraction of mitochondrial DNA from fresh and frozen mouse tissues
Since this kit is designed to extract small amounts of mitochondrial DNA, we recommend GelRed™ staining to detect mitochondrial DNA.The mitochondrial DNA cannot be detected by ethidium bromide staining.
- Open All
- Close All
For research use or further manufacturing use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Product content may differ from the actual image due to minor specification changes etc.
If the revision of product standards and packaging standards has been made, there is a case where the actual product specifications and images are different.